Yes its back for a 4th year. So what is this ?, if you have done it before you will know, but if you haven’t here is a run down :
During the whole of May the idea is to fill in a card and visit all 13 pubs and they will give you a sticker, you have to have a half pint of :
- Thornbridge – Personal Best
- True North – Lapped
The 13 pubs are:
- The Riverside
- The Forum
- Bath Hotel
- Beer Engine
- Brothers Arms
- Stags Head
- The York
- Doctors Orders
- Hallamshire House
- Closed Shop
The above 13 pubs is the order I will be doing them in.
You don’t have to do them all in 1 day, you cannot do them all on a Sunday as The Bath Hotel isn’t open.
I have seen some people run it all the way round all 13. I prefer to walk and will be attempting all 13 in 1 day, which will be a Saturday.
A contribution from every pint will go towards the chosen charity of Mind Sheffield, so it is for a worthy cause.
You can find more info on this website. More details on what you need to do with completed cards.
You can follow other people on Twitter here.
You can follow them on Facebook here.
Best of all its about having fun visiting these pubs which you may not have visited before.
An idea came to me at the end of 2016 and below is the result of it all. I ant to thank everyone who has taken part, it has been a real delight and we also find more about these venues, breweries and bloggers. 1 more to go and 1 more to come in.
Click on the month to read their story.
- Monthly Specials – January – White Lion pub
- Monthly Specials – February – twobeergeeks
- Monthly Specials – March – mashtun and meow
- Monthly Specials – April – Lost Industry
- Monthly Specials – April – Little Critters
- Monthly Specials – May – Hopjacker
- Monthly Specials – May – Beer Central
- Monthly Specials – July – The Itchy Pig
- Monthly Specials – August – Mark from Hull
- Monthly Specials – August – Sheffpubquest
- Monthly Specials – September – New Barrack Tavern
- Monthly Specials – October – onthebarsheff
- Monthly Specials – November – The Railway Hotel
I shall now be adding to the pubs the following:
(a) if they also sell keg lines (ales), (b) if they do cider as its becoming popular (c) if they do food. (d) if they are a brewery pub/pub chain This will appear in a box at the bottom of the pubs page, this is something new so will be added over the coming year.
Riverside pub – Hillsborough (update)
Pub Walk No4 added – Kelham Island area down to New Barrack Tavern
6 Thornbridge pubs added to all be on one page
A new section on Dronfield pubs/breweries
Manchester pubs updated and blog about the Beer festival
Sheffield Breweries page updated
Old Hall pub at Hope with their 2017 beer festival dates