So as summer is about to hit Sheffield for a couple of weeks the big question is what is the best pubs for beer gardens.
So what is my ideal beer garden, nice tables, seats, chairs, some colour to the beer garden as well, plants, shrubs, green stuff and a dash of red or yellow and a splodging of blue, some graffiti on the wall that finishes it off.
I know some of you will say, where is this pub, where is that pub but if I included them all then you can just look at my list of pubs as I do say if they have beer gardens etc etc.
So below is my selection of beer gardens, they are in no order at all:
(1) Gardeners Rest – a beer garden with so much stuff in you need to see for yourself, every time I go there is something I have missed before, next to the river as well, and serving great ales, loving the guest ales as well.
(2) Kelham Island Tavern – again has loads of stuff in it, maybe a bit on the tiny side, but it has some interesting things in it, loads of green stuff, ales not bad either.
(3) Fat Cat – enough space in this beer garden and interesting art on the wall with some old plates from breweries, nice ales as well, heard the food is good but not tried it yet.
(4) Brothers Arms – loads of space here, and on 2 tier levels and the view is excellent as well, nice ales to go with it.
(5) Dorothy Pax – big tables outside the pub and right next to the Victoria Quays where the barges are.
(6) Sheaf View – Plenty of area to sit on, including the grass on the slope, lovely view as trains go past, nice ales as well.
(7) University Arms – Loads of space in the beer garden, and secluded as well, nice ales and must try the food also.
(8) Broadfield – loads of room in the beer garden, and some nice hanging plants to look at, nice ales as well. Does well on the food side.
(9) The Plough – in Lower Bradfield and nice big beer garden, have been a few times and love it, beer not bad either, usually Bradfield ales.
(10) Hallamshire House – most of the beer garden is under cover but still have to include it, Thornbridge pub so you know what ales to expect.
(11) Norfolk Arms – Plenty of room in this beer garden and fabulous view.
(12) The Crown Inn – Another that may surprise you, one of the most colourful beer gardens, they certainly love their plants.
(13) Nursery Tavern – Without doubt one of the biggest beer gardens in Sheffield, I challenge you to find another, the back of the pub is huge, and love the wall paintings.
(14) The cricket Inn – Plenty of space here and next to a cricket pitch so plenty of grass to sit on, Thornbridge pub.
(15) NewBarrack Tavern – Not as big as some of the other pubs but nice to sit in, and good place for live music which they do alot of.
(16) Hillsborough Hotel – a extension at the back of the pub and then a row of tables round the edge of the extension, also a nice view into town.
(17) The Blake – been to this pub a few times but never been in the beer garden, apparently a nice view of the city, must try next time I am there.
(18) Riverside – just a short stroll from Harlequin for this large outside beer garden right next to the river.
(19) Wisewood Inn – on the way upto Loxley for this large beer garden at the back of the pub and you also have lovely views as well as you are heading out into the countryside.
(20) Waggon & Horses – a pub down at Millhouses next to the park and has tables and seats at the front of the pub.
(21) White Lion – pub down at Heeley with a beer garden at the back of the pub.
(22) Rutland Arms – the beer garden is at the back of the pub.
(23) The Wellington – A Neepsend Brewery pub and the beer gardens is at the back of the pub.
(24) Devonshire Arms – this pub is at Dore and has a beer garden at the front of the pub and also a beer garden at the rear of the pub which I never knew was there.