(Started 03/01/2017) – I shall be branching out now and doing a Dronfield pubs/breweries section, this is ongoing to please be patient as I need to find the pubs first.
DRONE VALLEY BREWERY
Drone Valley Brewery is a Community Benefit Society. It is made up of a group of people with an interest in brewing beer and serving the local community in Dronfield and S18.
They also have a membership scheme which costs £10 per year and this includes a 31 share, this does sound good, I might invest.
Now onto their ales they brew, a list is here, there are 8 ales and 3 I have had according to Untppd.
I recently went to Dronfield and visited 6 pubs, all within walking distance of each other and I did this by catching the 25 bus from where I live to Norton and walked down, you can do this any route, eg catch the train to Dronfield or catch the 43 bus (Stagecoach), some of these pubs are also part of the 3 valley festival.
Toby Carvery – the name of the pubs states this is a carvery pub and serves food, there is also a car park, there is plenty of seats inside and has a beer garden.
- Ale pumps : 3 pump but only 1 was working
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/tobycarveryparkhead/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/tobycarvery
- Website – http://www.tobycarvery.co.uk/restaurants/yorkshire/dronfieldderbyshire
Coach and Horses – a Thornbridge pub and situated next to the worlds oldest football club – Sheffield FC.
The bar is right infront of you when you walk in with seats on either side when you walk in, beer garden at the front of the pub and they also have a car park. Food is served here.
The barman must have seen me post on Twitter and came over and said hello, which is nice and he gave me some hints on pubs to visit.
- Ale pumps : 6 pumps and they also have some keg lines
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/theCoachHorsesThornbridge/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/TheCoachHorses
- Website – http://www.mycoachandhorses.co.uk/
Blue Stoops – a True North pub and has a nice beer garden, plenty of space inside the pub and also serving food. Was quite busy when I get there as well. You can book a table by visiting their website.
- Ale pumps – 4 ales and True North brewery and guest ales
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/thebluestoopsdronfield/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/thebluestoops
- Website – http://www.bluestoops.co.uk/
Green Dragon – a lovely old fashioned by which is near to the Blue Stoops, wooden beams and open fire (wasn’t on) and nice pictures around the pub, also a lovely bar woman who apologies for the wait while the Jaipur was getting ready to serve, car park and outside beer garden.
- Ale pumps – 4 ales
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/GreenDragonDronfield/
- Twitter – none
- Website – http://www.greendragondronfield.co.uk/
Dronfield Arms – independently owned freehouse with a onsite brewery Hopjacker, you can find the Hopjacker monthly specials here, this pub is in the centre of Dronfield town centre and is close to the train station. You can see the brewery through part of the glass floor.
- Ale pumps – 7 ales and also keg lines
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/dronfieldarms/
- Twitter – https://twitter.com/DRONFIELDARMS
- Website – http://www.dronfield-arms.co.uk/
Three Tuns – final pub of the day and another taking part in the 3valley festival in June. A large pub with a large car pack, and plenty of space inside to side down. A fabulous bar with a range of ales and very friendly staff. Food is served here and food menu on their website.
- Ale pumps – 12 pumps and a selection from Drone Valley brewery
- Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/3tunsdronfield/
- Twitter – cannot find one
- Website – http://www.3tunsdronfield.co.uk/index.html
You can see the whole pub crawl here on Twitter
- 3 Valleys Beer Festival (3rd June) Twitter – https://twitter.com/3valleysfest
- 3 Valleys Beer Festival website – http://www.threevalleysfestival.org.uk/
- 3 Valleys Beer Festival Facebook – https://www.facebook.com/3valleysfestival/